The Collingham and District Local History Society was formed in 1977 as the Collingham Museums Committee since when it has grown and developed to form today’s Society which is registered with the Charity Commission (No. 1164058). We have recently refurbished and redeveloped our Archives, initiated an Archaeology branch and will publish our first Journal in 2017. As well as encouraging and supporting amateur local and family historians, we welcome the curious and those who just wish to browse. We are engaged in various projects across the District and work with many individuals and organisations such as the local U3A and the Nottinghamshire Local History Association.
Membership has its benefits but you do not have to be a member to join in. So use the links on this and other pages to see what we can offer you.
Especially check out:
- Our talks and events which are often given by Regional or National professional speakers and historians.
- Visiting our Archives (The Jubilee Room, 11 Swinderby Road, Collingham, Newark, NG23 7PH – see side panel for opening times) to undertake your own private research which you can perhaps publish in our Journal.
- Our current projects and how you can get involved.
- Our Current Research pages – through which you can contact people with similar interests and post requests or offers of help or information.
- How you can help us – joining in with one of our current projects, donations of items to our archives, financial donations or sponsorship (please contact our Treasurer, Chair or the Lead of any particular project that you wish to support).